- Written by GRE GRE
High school students throughout Greeley-Evans School District 6 have been named to all-state music and chorale groups, one of the highest honors bestowed on high school talent.
Here are students named to various all state groups this year:
- Katie Gorsline, Greeley West High School
- Cassie Bradshaw, Greeley West High School
- Tyler Maas, Greeley West High School
- Jaydn Bowen, Greeley Central High School
- Jeremy Hundley, Greeley Central High School
- Loren Johnston, Greeley Central High School
- Madison Romanowski, Greeley Central High School
- Madelyn Wampler, Greeley Central High School
- Jesse Allen, Frontier Academy
- John Palmer, Frontier Academy
- Hunter Phipps, Frontier Academy
- Scott VanBeber, University Schools
- Emily Coleman, University Schools
All-State Jazz Band
- Amaya Arevalo, Greeley Central High School
- Annette Miller, Greeley West High School
All State Concert Band
- Victorial Vindiola, University Schools
- Allison Palmer, Frontier Academy
- Quinton Royle-Grimes, Frontier Academy
- Katie Bridgman (first alternate), Frontier Academy
All-State Symphonic Band
- Kim Martin, Frontier Academy
These groups will rehearse and perform throughout the state during the semester. Consult websites for the various groups to confirm performance times and locations.
Meetings to provide information about new school
Families who would like to learn more about the proposed Fred Tjardes School of Innovation are invited to attend one of three community meetings planned over the next few weeks.
The Fred Tjardes School of Innovation is a new school being proposed in Greeley-Evans School District 6 that would focus on project-based learning for students in grades kindergarten through 8th grade. The school would be located in downtown Greeley, and is slated to open in August 2017, pending approval by the District 6 Board of Education and the state Board of Education.
The purpose of these meetings is to answer questions about the school, provide more information to families interested in the school, and provide enrollment information. Light refreshments will be served and childcare will be provided. Spanish language translation will also be provided at all the sessions.
The schedule for the Fred Tjardes School of Innovation Community meetings is:
- Wednesday, February 8 at 6pm, at the District 6 Administration Building, 1025 9th Avenue in Greeley
- Thursday, February 16 at 6pm. at the Rodarte Center, 920 A Street in Greeley
Anyone interested in learning more about the proposed Fred Tjardes School of Innovation is invited to attend any of these meetings. For more information, please visit www.ftjschoolofinnovation.com.
Board of Education changes meeting times
The Greeley-Evans School District 6 Board of Education will begin hosting its regular, semi-monthly meetings at 6pm beginning with the Monday, January 9, 2017 meeting.
In December, the Board of Education voted to move its regular meeting time from 7pm to 6pm in 2017. The earlier meeting time will help accommodate the schedule of staff members who attend meetings, as well as students and the general public who attend meetings either as participants or observers.
Board agendas are posted online and can be accessed through the District 6 website at www.greeleyschools.org under the “Our District” tab at the top of the home page.